Advertising copy testing research guages advertising concepts, advertising themes, and tests concept strength, comprehension, ad recall, and ad relevance.
We select from several ad copy testing environments: online, depth interviews, mail surveys, or test ad campaigns. Method depends upon the stage of copy point development.
As a broad based marketing and advertising research company, our advertising copy testing research design approach for your firm or agency will develop a precise and specific ad copy testing research process. It will be tailored to your decision agenda. We employ advanced advertising testing research measurement, questionnaire, and data collection approaches to assess ad concept strength, and execution power using both
qualitative and quantitative market research methods.
Staged Advertising Testing
Staged or sequenced advertisng testing acknowledges the importance of the iterative creative and refinement process involved in ad concept development. We believe our concept testing research philosophy is what differentiates us from many other market research firms. These principles guide our concept development and testing study designs:
- Advertising testing is both a research and measurement activity, and a creative concept development activity. Testing outcomes spawns creativity so we build it in to the process.
- If we work with you from the beginning as a partner in creating a fresh new ad campaign, we focus on concept development rather than screening testing, which comes later.
- Concept development requires an exploratory market research mode and mindset, starting first using exploratory qualitative research methods such as depth interviews among target audience members.
- We address both tangible attribute clusters, and emotional appeals when creating concepts and advertising themes for testing. We partner with you as a team member.
- We move from qualitative depth interviews, to larger sample time-extended depth interviews, often employing online depth interviews which allow for repeated respondent interaction and concept incubation.
- Using a hybrid research design, we blend the qualitative research mode with quantitative advertising concept test rankings, this to refine concept development and assessment of appeal.
- Thus, our approach to screening advertising concepts favors smaller sample multiple waves rather than one large sample wave.
- Finally, we acknowledge that a full understanding of concept appeal must be assessed in a mode with maximum realism. Here's a case when we believe that online market surveys have a strong advantage as they allow use of a variety of exhibits for the testing of advertising concepts, product concepts, brand concepts, and strategic positioning concepts.
We use these data collection technologies for advertising testing research: