Advertising testing research evaluates advertising concepts, advertising themes, and tests concept strength. With our advertising positioning testing methods, we pinpoint your current position and test opportunities for building share of mind.As a broad based marketing and advertising research company, our advertising testing research design approach for your firm or agency will develop a precise and specific ad testing research process tailored to your decision agenda. We employ advanced advertising testing research measurement, questionnaire, and data collection approaches to assess ad concept strength, and execution power using both qualitative
and quantitative market research
Staged Advertising Testing
Staged or sequenced advertisng testing acknowledges the importance of the iterative creative and refinement process involved in ad concept development. We believe our concept testing research philosophy is what differentiates us from many other market research firms. These principles guide our concept development and testing study designs:
- Advertising testing is both a research and measurement activity, and a creative concept development activity. Testing outcomes spawns creativity so we build it in to the process.
- If we work with you from the beginning as a partner in creating a fresh new ad campaign, we focus on concept development rather than screening testing, which comes later.
- Concept development requires an exploratory market research mode and
mindset, starting first using exploratory qualitative research methods
such as depth
interviews among target audience members.
- We address both tangible attribute clusters, and
emotional appeals when creating concepts and advertising themes for testing. We partner with you as a team member.
- We move from qualitative depth interviews, to larger sample
time-extended depth interviews, often employing online
depth interviews which allow for repeated respondent interaction and
- Using a hybrid research design, we blend the qualitative research mode with quantitative advertising concept test rankings, this to refine concept development and assessment of appeal.
- Thus, our approach to screening advertising concepts favors smaller sample multiple waves rather than one large sample wave.
- Finally, we acknowledge that a full understanding of concept appeal must
be assessed in a mode with maximum realism. Here's a case when we
believe that online market surveys
have a strong advantage as they allow use of a variety of exhibits for the
testing of advertising concepts, product concepts, brand concepts, and
strategic positioning concepts.
We use these data collection technologies for advertising testing research:
Many advertising testing engagements are an integral part our Concept Development Consulting
assessments and recommendations.