Concept testing research evaluates advertising concepts, ad theme concepts and appeals, new product concepts, pricing, brand concepts, brand names, and positioning strategy concepts.
In our product and advertising message concept testing research studies, we collaborate with you in identifying the product, advertising, or branding concepts consistent with your marketing strategy and your market opportunity.
We employ advanced concept testing research measurement and research methods to assess concept marketing strength. We combine both qualitative and quantitative market research
methods to get the best read so you can make profitable advertising and product decisions.
Staged Concept Testing
Staged or sequenced concept testing acknowledges the importance of the
creative, research, and concept refinement process involved in concept
development. We believe our concept testing research philosophy is
what differentiates us from many other market research firms. These principles
guide our concept development and testing study designs:
- Concept testing is both a research, and a
creative concept development activity. Testing outcomes spawn creativity so we build it in to the process.
- In the begining, we focus on concept development rather than
screening, which comes later.
- Concept development requires an exploratory market research mode and
mindset, starting first using exploratory qualitative research methods
such as depth
interviews among target audience members.
- We address both tangible attribute clusters, and
emotional appeals when creating concepts and building concept
- We move from qualitative depth interviews, to larger sample
time-extended depth interviews, often employing online
depth interviews which allow for repeated respondent interaction and
- Using a hybrid research design, we blend the qualitative research mode
with quantitative concept ranking, this to refine concept development and
assessment of appeal.
- Thus, our approach to screening concepts favors smaller sample multiple
waves rather than one large sample wave.
- Finally, we acknowledge that a full understanding of concept appeal must
be assessed in a mode with maximum realism. Here's a case when we
believe that online market surveys
have a strong advantage as they allow use of a variety of exhibits for the
testing of advertising concepts, product concepts, brand concepts, and
strategic positioning concepts.
We use these data collection technologies for concept testing research: